Business Development Manager
DivideBuy is a pioneer and leading provider of interest free credit that helps UK retailers to increase their average order values and reduce basket abandonment. DivideBuy IFC is a software application that serves as a retailer ecommerce enhancement used to engage with customers at the point of sale.
Currently utilised by over 500 UK retailers and thousands of consumers, DivideBuy is built on proven customer experience with intelligent learning capabilities that engages customers when they shop online.
Winning multiple awards including No.3 in the Deloitte Fast 50, Prolific North Tech Awards Fintech Company of the Year 2020 and Tech Growth Business of the Year Awards 2020.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for working in a fast-paced environment to drive new business, by identifying opportunities to build, sales and margin. The ideal candidate will have remarkable sales, and teamwork skills. We are looking for someone who has experience in long and short sales cycles, who is an enthusiastic goal setter with a positive attitude. Someone who is decisive and elects to take the lead and makes things happen.
- New Business Acquisition
- Drive new business opportunities by identifying, qualifying, and developing new retail partnerships for DivideBuy
- Manage the first stages of the Business Development pipeline by performing initial outreach and nurturing leads through various inbound channels, including phone, email and social
- Manage sales pipeline demonstrating best practice
- Work to monthly, quarterly, and yearly targets
- Commercially negotiate with prospects to successfully close business
- Be a subject matter expert to effectively communicate the benefits of the DivideBuy propositions to prospective retailers
- Manage time, tasks, activity and reporting through the effective utilisation of PipeDrive CRM
- Win new business that contributes significantly to DivideBuy’s growth as we scale our core business and product
- Business Retention
- Nurture relationships with the retailers and partners you have acquired
- Use commercial acumen to develop business relationships and retain your key business wins
- Negotiate and close long-term contracts to benefit DivideBuy and our retailers
- Proven track record in sales acquisitions and delivering against sales targets
- Previous sales experience and a passion for e-commerce and finance products
- Solid understanding of ecommerce platforms incl. Shopify, WooCommerce Magento and Open Cart
- Experience of using CRM systems to your advantage, to manage your leads, sales, and time effectively
- You are self-motivated, detail orientated, and target driven
- You manage your time and activities exceptionally well
- You have a desire to pursue a career in fintech/ lendtech industry with a growing business
- You learn quickly and apply new information to customer conversations
- You have the confidence to overcome objections and convert interest into sales
- You are a confident and outgoing individual who is not afraid to get stuck into a growing business
- You’re a collaborator, who enjoys working cross functionally to give the best experience to customers and colleagues
It would be a bonus if you also had:
- Financial services industry experience
- Knowledge of CRM systems, PipeDrive.com experience preferred
SALARY : Competitive